Well, carbs rather than protein offer your body fuel, so make sure your snack has an emphasis on carbs. Simple carbs are best since they digest more easily than complex ones. About 15 to 30 minutes before your workout, try eating:
- Half a slice of whole wheat bread with one tablespoon crunchy peanut butter.
- An ounce of cheese with some crackers.
- Two tablespoons cottage cheese mixed with a quarter cup of sliced grapes.
- Handful of pretzels dipped in hummus.
- Half an avocado spread on toast or crackers.
- Half a banana mixed with half a cup of yogurt.
Yum! Settled then. I must make sure to never try doing physical activity on an empty stomach.